Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Autumnal Monday


You read that correctly :)

Isn't this an absolutely gorgeous morning? !!
Rain came in late Sunday afternoon and with it a cold front that has drastically dropped the temperatures. There is a chilly breeze coming through my window - I LOVE IT and I'm not complaining. Autumn and spring are my two favorite seasons. Autumn gets me excited about taking a break from all the yard responsibilities and move on to some other things for a bit. Doesn't mean I'm not still thinking about gardens and being outside. Pinterest has a ton of ideas and tutorials posts on planting, harvesting, things to make the chores easier and more productive.

I ran a couple of errands this morning while I supposed to be grocery shopping. After the first two stops, I decided I didn't want to and didn't really need to - at least for another couple of days. So I didn't. We won't starve and with Honey Do busy with international visitors for a couple of days, I don't really have to cook. I already have Tuesday's dinner well underway when I will need a meal for the family. Newton and I will just pick at whatever is in the fridge for now.


Rocky makes friends wherever he goes. The squirrels are in great numbers and very busy right now. So we see them everywhere we walk. We decided on a morning walk because I left this morning and it was good for both of us.

The first errand I ran was a discount store in our neighborhood. I didn't get what I went for specifically, but I did find several new cookbooks that caught my attention. Can't wait to peruse them this evening.


My second stop was to the library to make copies for the Growing Up QAL. It's on the agenda to cut out today.


The library also afforded me a couple of great finds. Speaking of gardening :) And John Besh cooks Louisiana which means lots of seafood which Honey Do loves. Another great resource.



Both books are soft cover. Used/discontinued books from the library are $1.00 for hardcover and 50 cents for soft covers. And best of all, there is no postal fees to have them shipped like Amazon and Ebay.


Once Rocky and I got home from our walk, I started the laundry and finished putting up my Halloween decorations.


  


The mailman brought "squishy" mail :)



Always a good thing. Thank you KTJ, this just moved to the top of my reading list. Cup of tea and finishing the book I'm reading now (Broken Road by Richard Paul Evans) so I can get to it. 

I also managed to spend a little time in the basement. There is so much stuff that needs to be sorted through and purged out of my home. I really need to just make the time and do it, even if it's just a little everyday.

Then I made time to put together the Growing Up QAL paper piecing pattern and sew it together.



Paper piecing is not my favorite and I discovered this afternoon mostly because I get confident and then in a hurry and then I make mistakes. I just have to force myself to slow down and I'm good.
Not  only is the block assembled, but I sandwiched and quilted it. One goal done :)

I also managed to find a bit of time to cut out all three of the I LOVE HOME blocks. Now I have to decide if I want a pretty center block, appliqued houses or embroidered centers. Decisions, decisions, decisions . . . 



Monday proved to be a very nice, productive day.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.









No comments: