Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Did someone say Spring?


A week ago I was looking at bird tracks in the snow under the feeder.

Monday and Tuesday, I was raking leaves - it was 65 degrees !!!! Friday we are looking at almost 80 !!

Wednesday morning began with light rain


and "monster" cookies. 
M&Ms are over $4.00 !!!! a bag - I was horrified.
However, the smell of fresh baked cookies made it all worth it.

I got as many of my chores done as possible first thing in the morning because I already knew I was working the rest of the week.
I'm challenged to get chores in, meals planned and prepped as much as possible because there is so little time after I return home, Newton comes home from school and Honey Do from work. I need to be more organized, but I'm a work in progress.

My evenings are spent stitching. Blocks 11 and 12 of the Seasons Redwork are finished.


I managed to get the strips cut for the sashing. I've increased the size from 1.5 to 2.5 inches. I want a quilt and not a wall hanging.
The plan is to quilt as I go so I have a finished quilt and not another UFO, or continuing UFO in this case.

I also managed to squeeze in some sewing machine time, so the sashing has begun.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blocks look fabulous! I love those baskets. I may have to investigate the pattern for my applique plans. Whose is it again? That's a horrendous price to pay for M&Ms. Go out the Monday after Easter and scarf up all the half-price Easter pastel ones you can!