Friday, January 6, 2017

Playing Catch Up


I finally have a day off, so I'm playing catch up. And since I've been keeping my chores up during the week, it's really a play day.

Monday was a holiday for New Year's and "normal" routines returned on Tuesday. Honey Do went to work, Newton went to school. I went back to work after the two week Christmas break. We started with inventory and the next two days were spent catching up orders. And since orders are pulled, I got a day off and I have it to myself.

I did manage to accomplish some things last weekend and am very pleased with my beginning progress on UFOs.


First up a couple of sets of napkins - six in each.
Please notice the binding. It's sort of a red "bandanna" but to me looked very much like watermelon. I purchased this years ago with the fabric. It was part of a "western" themed promotion.


This adorable watermelon apron was a panel. I trimmed it in double fold bias tape. This along with a set of napkins will go to BF as a gift this year. 
And my first UFOs are done :)


I started this little cutie last spring and lost interest in it because I had to change threads too often and counted cross stitch just takes a long time. I thought between this and the plastic canvas cube I'm making for Bible study/kids, I would make some progress.

Well, once I started making progress I couldn't put it down.


It's a much shorter-term UFO, but it's another project finished. This one might end up in BF's gift box as well, since there's a theme going.

And on to the next UFO.


This is a pair of pillow cases that I probably purchased from a clearance. I managed, in the original attempt, to get the left side finished. The center of the hoop section is what I've been working on the last couple of days. As you can see, lots of satin stitching which is very time consuming. But put in a movie and run with it.
This is done in only three shades of blue. 

So even though I'm not able to post as often as I'd like, I will do my best to do so at least a couple of times a week. I miss talking to all of you.

Wishing you the absolute best for this new year

and days filled with blissful stitching.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, starting the year off with three UFOs finished! Congratulations on that. The blue embroidery looks wonderful, and it probably won't be too long before that one is finished, too. Work surely does cut into play time!