Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy New Year

(image from Yahoo)

The weeks before Christmas were busy, productive and fun. Newton and I spent a lot of time together. I did some sewing, stitching.

We spent time with my mom - helping to get things ready for family Christmas. 

(image from Yahoo)

We got a quick lunch with BF . . . 

(image from Yahoo)

We even had a fun day of shopping and several trips to the library.

With most of the festivities over, it's time to work on 

(image from Yahoo)

Since I started blogging a few years ago, I've accumulated quilt the collection of patterns, supplies and projects. I feeling almost to the hording stage. That's a double-edge sword because while I accept that I'm a creative person, I'm not always very selective. Let's face it, there's only so much time to work on things and get things done. I'm reaching a point where I can't seem to say no to a project. 

So I've set up basic goals:

Step 1 - INVENTORY

I wrote out a list of my organized projects. These are UFOs, KARTS and gifts. They are all in some sort of container to keep clean, together and organized. Nothing is in a shopping bag. Every container is labelled, some are dated. 

I've decided to purge as I go. I already know there will be projects that I no longer want to invest time or energy into completing. The plan is to choose a project and work it to completion.

The ultimate goal for 2017 is to not purchase any new projects/supplies. I only want to purchase what is necessary to complete a project. Once the project is completed, I'll move on to the next one.

The only exceptions are quilts. I'm planning on quilting as I go because I don't have a machine big or heavy enough to quilt a quilt. I don't have funds available to have them done for me or rent time on a long arm - or the desire at the moment to learn how to use one. Doesn't mean I might not change my mind as time goes on. I will continue to do hand quilting, but it just takes me a very long time to get anything done. I have several quilts at this stage and just need to stay focused.

Having said all that, it doesn't mean that I won't start any new projects. I just don't want to have to purchase new projects or supplies for a new project. I want to be able to use what I have and ultimately, not have any UFOs/KARTS waiting for my attention.

Step 2 - DECIDE

Decide what I'm going to work on

Check to make sure I have all necessary supplies

Step 3 - GET BUSY :)

So I'm off to work on a project.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a blissful day of crafting.








No comments: