Wednesday, October 26, 2016

We interrupt this productivity . . .

I was on the road to Mom's on Thursday.
I was fairly certain this would be my prime week to see color from the highway. 



As you can see, it was a soggy mess and not very conforming to taking good photos. The rain is forecast for the next few days. And temperatures only in the 50s - yaaaahooo !!!! :)


I got better photos when I pulled over and stopped.



Needless to say, Mom and I had a good few hours together. We love to just sit and chat, but we did have a project planned. . . 
Cleaning up my old bedroom. It's become a bit of a catch-all for her. Sister and I haven't used the room for years, so we've taken all of our things.

Mom uses the room to collect Christmas gifts each year, a guest bedroom (when her sister comes to visit - which isn't all that often) and the overflow of her yarn.

We managed three boxes to Salvation Army, a bag of trash, lots of reorganization and of course, a box for me.
I always garner some goodies through these projects.

After evening chores were complete, I debated about my next goal.
One of them is a project from a library book. This is a Gail Pan design.



This is the project I've chosen. Not sure it will be finished this week, but the hard parts are done - choosing the project and the materials.


I found everything I needed in my stash. 
Even a FQ to go in my swapbox!!!

Carpets are getting cleaned on Friday, which means I get to spend an entire day at home. Shouldn't be a problem to at least put a good dent in the preparation work.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with countless blessings.




No comments: