Thursday, October 20, 2016

Tuesday . . . Finishes?

Nothing keeps you motivated like a finish . . .


Ten down - three to go.


I'm finding that dealing with the leftover scraps for future quilts is beneficial - one less thing I have to do later. The plan is to make scrap quilts. I don't have any design ideas making a scrap the easiest, fastest way to accomplish the quilts. I'm cutting the scraps from 2.5 to 7 inches.

I moved on to the quilted palm tree wall hanging. I was almost done and wanted to keep going to finish. I ran out of Tuesday and made it my priority for Wednesday.



Wednesday started on the down side of the hump. That happens very rarely, making me very blessed as I finished this UFO.

This was one of the designs a couple of years ago for a Vacation Bible School community service project. The kids colored them with permanent markers and a group of ladies, myself included, assembled, quilted and bound the quilts for a local shelter. I don't remember how many we made. It was a great project and I was glad to be part of it.

Any way, one of the volunteers in my department colored this one for me. In March of that year we'd been to Hawaii for the first time (I plan to go again someday). This became reminiscent of that trip.



Now, another goal and UFO has been completed. 

I'm on a roll!!!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with countless blessings.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ARE on a roll! I can't believe almost all the PJ bottoms are finished. The palm tree wallhanging is great. I like that border fabric a lot. You haven't mentioned Rocky or your urchin lately. They are okay?