Monday, May 9, 2016

Summer Goals

Before I get to my Summer Goals, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend especially all my "MOM" friends. You were thought of often .
For myself, I had a wonderful day of sharing with my own MOM. She came to visit. Honey Do grilled, Mom made a vegetable dish I requested and dessert, and I made potato salad. Newton had another commitment, so it was just the three of us.
After we ate, I did dishes and made coffee to go with dessert. Then Mom and I sat at the diningroom table. She was knitting and I finished the t-shirts I started altering on Saturday. I am very happy to report that all the shirts are altered, laundered and put away. That project was long overdue. Mom is happy to report that her little knitted vest was almost finished. She had a small bit of hand sewing to finish and I'm sure it got done today.


I am making good progress on block two of Lace Cabins. My goal for this one is to be finished by the end of the week.


Now on to Summer Goals. 

It almost doesn't feel right talking about these yet because it's barely spring. And the thermometer is definitely not cooperating. This is the coldest wettest spring, two years running.

Anyway, I'm thinking this way because today was my last Bible Study leaders' meeting for 2015-16 year. We won't meet again until September. In the meantime, I have to decide what I'm going to study over the summer.


1.  Summer Bible Study

2. Finish painting

3. Weed/mulch flower beds; fine tune butterfly/hummingbird garden

4. Redecorate summer bedroom

5. Finish stitching Lace Cabins

I'm going to stop there because I know that I can easily add 100 more and I want this to be doable. As I check things off the list, I can add new goals.

So have you thought about your summer goals yet. I hope some of you can add traveling to your list. My goal for traveling is to stay home as much as I possibly can :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with countless blessings.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I don't see any travel in this summer. Possibly next summer, though! Your goals look very possible, and I suspect you will finish some early and add to the list. My main goal is just to survive the summer heat and humidity! I can't think too far ahead, but it would be nice to figure out a way to afford the materials to re-do my falling-apart deck. And clean out the mess below it on the 'first floor' of the back yard.

I'm so glad you got to spend a day with your mother, and you had good food and good conversation. What a blessing.