Friday, March 18, 2016

Productive playday

 Spent Thursday morning with BF. We've been meeting lately to tie a flannel scrap quilt. Boy were we shocked when she unrolled it and found that we had all but one row left to tie. Needless to say, we stayed the few more (maybe 15) minutes to finish tying the quilt. All she had left to do was finish sewing the binding which was partially done already. We were both very excited to have a finish. 

She's encouraging me to get one ready to be tied. I have a flannel top top for Newton finished. It just needs sandwiched. So I guess that's next, although I think I need to get batting, which I might just pick up today :)

This is what else BF is working on . . .


Isn't he adorable? I, of course, asked to borrow the pattern. I need to make this one. It is just adorable. And, it should finish up fairly quickly. Every section has beads incorporated into the stitching. It's just beautiful.

BF is getting ready to go to Disney/Florida for spring break with her youngest. She's a senior in high school and is traveling with marching band to march in Disney over spring break. So she's been looking for sundresses and both of us have outgrown and out-worn the ones we have.


Well, Joann's had McCall's patterns on sale for $1.99 !!! So we both chose the same dress patterns and I found a couple of shirt patterns that I really liked and have fabric to use.  The pincushion pattern was bonus and too cute to leave behind. It will be a great use of scraps. Not to mention some wonderful, add-on swap gifts :)

So I've found some distractions to squeeze in among the wool quilting, which is coming along slowly but surely.


It's easier to see on the back how much is done, but I still have quite a bit more to quilt until it's finished and ready to bind. Trying to get it done in a week with my schedule was too ambitious.

What ambitious goals are you all working on?

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

katiejayinpa said...

Wow Edie, you are really staying busy with your projects....a great feeling isn;t it to be moving steadily in the direction you want! I have to agree, that's an adorable pattern....with the beads on it what are your bf's plans for it? ktj