Thursday, January 14, 2016

It's been a good week



BF and I met for our annual gift exchange. We try to get together for Christmas, but with kids and family obligations there never seems to be a good time. So the last few years we've just decided our reward for getting through Christmas break was to get together in January - weather permitting.

As usualy, BF spoiled me. I am so blessed.

 

This redwork Santa was stitched and assembled. The backing fabric was found in her mother's fabric stash. I was overwhelmed to have a piece of "Mom" among my gifts.

 

This was the first gift I was asked to open. BF misplaced it and when she found it she wrapped and brought it to me. I love "antique" bowls. I put apples in it as soon as I got home :)



How cute are these salt and pepper shakers?
She knows me well and always gets me something that's penguins.


We always find a "project" for us to work on after the holidays. She was nicer to me than I was to her - I gifted BF with several DIY projects. She won't be bored anytime soon :)
She got me this kit to make flowers. I've never seen this before.

  
This was one of my absolute favorite gifts ever.
An over-sized tea cup. Isn't it gorgeous ???
As soon as I was done unpacking everything and taking the photos, I made a cup of tea :)


The goodies didn't stop here . . .

 

I received my swap package. My partner was very generous with fabric and extras.

Needless to say, I'll be plenty busy with all these goodies.

Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

Melody said...

You have been very spoiled. Lucky duck.

Anonymous said...

Wow, two wonderful packages of goodness! Always good to have a BFF. =)