Sunday, January 3, 2016

Getting ready for "normal"


(found on internet)

Yeah, that's what it feels like . . . sometimes.

I spent the day just relaxing. "Normal" begins on Monday . . . 

Alarm clock goes off at 5:30 a.m.

Newton heads off to school around 8

Bible study leaders' meeting begins at 9

Routine is not a bad thing. In fact, it's somewhat comforting to know what's next.

After church and lunch, I spent the afternoon finishing a book (The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans - it was a very good book and a quick read).
I took a nap.

Monday is soon enough to worry about what needs done, what didn't get done and what's for dinner.

I'm trying something new . . . 


I'm playing with quilt as you go method. What better place than on a scrap vortex quilt block. BF and I have had numerous conversations over the last month because she did a quilt this way for a Christmas gift for her eldest daughter.  In fact, she made three large quilts from flannel over the last three or four months and each was a different method of quilting.
The first was an experiment with a friend's long arm.
The second one was tied.
The third she machine quilted by the block and then sewed them all together. She spent the last week finishing it because she ran out of time. It was a huge undertaking.

My goal is to try and get one of these blocks done per month. I'm in no big hurry and just want to get some experience under my belt before I try it on a quilt that has more meaning to me than scraps :)

Sunday evening will be spent catching up and reviewing my Bible study lesson in preparation for Monday's meeting.

Thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

You know, I envy your routine - even on "normal" days here, I never know what I'm going to be doing. When I think of how organized my life was when I was homeschooling my boys, I really miss it!!!! I'm going to try to get that back, I think...

Anonymous said...

I like that dream world! Ugh, you want to take Antwon to school tomorrow morning? LOL His mom won't be back until Thurs. night when I pick the family up at the airport, so I have to drive half an hour to his house, pick him up and take him to school tomorrow. I really hate getting up in the morning, and I did have other plans for tomorrow! It sounds like you are setting down your plans for the coming year, and making some good ones. I don't personally like QAYG. It's great for the block, but then I'm not fond of the putting together part. =) I vote that you get a longarm - or at least a midarm!