Tuesday, December 1, 2015

ALYOFs - December Goal

(found on Internet)


And it's time to announce my final UFO goal for the year. 
I know we say this every year, but I can't believe it's here . . . already !!!!

I desperately want another UFO on the list.
I also know that I can't be too ambitious, not because I have all that much to do for Christmas, I don't.
At least not anything that I'm worried about not getting finished.

I have a three week break from Bible study, but Honey Do and Newton will be home for two week during the holidays.
I want to clean up and reorganize my sewing room because I haven't used it for the past year. It feels like it's become a storage closet.
As a result, I've been sewing at the dining room table which basically means there are piles of works-in-progress everywhere. My house is a mess !!!

So my goal has to achievable and not overwhelm my time to do other things.

Have you guessed yet? 
It's another block of the month.


This is a little different from the previous goals.
It's from a quilt shop I discovered in 2010 while on a motorcycle ride with Honey Do.
We "flew" past it and it took me a bit of work to find it, but I persisted.

The quality of fabirc is so much better.
On this one, I got the instructions, a drawing and pieces of fabric.
I am required to cut the pieces out based on the measurements provided 
and put the block together.


I love the color choices and am looking forward to the challenges of accomplishing this goal.


I did have the foresight to purchase finishing fabrics. 
Not sure how big this will finish. I may have to do some fudging to get it to fit my bed.
I'll figure that out later.
The goal is to just get the blocks made in December.

Linking up with SewBittersweetDesigns.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great goal. I love the fabrics. Are all the blocks like the one in the picture? This is going to be great! Good luck on your organizing, too. Then are you actually go to sew in your sewing room? =)