Saturday, November 7, 2015

Oh, the time is flying :)

I spent my Friday morning running errands. It's the beginning of the month, so I get to do one of my favorites:  going to the quilt shop for Add-A-Block.
It's a block of the month program, in which I have to make a minimum purchase of $5.00 and I get a free block kit. The kit includes instructions for putting the block together AND the fabric. I found this shop last year on a shopping excursioin for my birthday. Honestly, I try to spend the day by myself. Selfish, I know, but I just like to do something for me.
Since my birthday is at the end of the year, I was coming into the beginning of the program.
As you can tell, none of the blocks are put together yet, but I'll work on it this coming year because of course the next year has begun and I don't want to add too many more projects to my already bursting UFO collection.
For my purchases this year, most of them have been for my Shoebox Swap which is wrapping up shortly for 2015.


Next stop, JoAnn Fabric.


I went in search of this green paisley, not that I had much hope of finding it which I didn't. BF has told me she is pretty sure that she has some since she did this quilt years ago - it was the first one she'd ever done. 


Instead I found these. I know I don't need a new project, but Rocky does need a winter coat - it's quickly approaching. The toys are a bonus find and will be a great way to use up some of the fleece I've been gifted.

I spent Thursday evening and the rest of Friday working on my Wool BOM. It's now finished.





Next on the agenda, the Spring and Patriotic row-alongs. And once those are done, I'll have to start seewing the Christmas PJs for the greats.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wool block! I just love the little white SRE flowers and the button you used. I don't think it's selfish to want to go shopping alone on your birthday. Unless you have a really, REALLY good friend (like me) who wants to go with you and treat you to lunch, and do whatever you want to do all day, of course!