Sunday, November 15, 2015

Happy Birthday, Mom


We spent a lovely afternoon doing what we love best.



Mom was knitting . . . slippers and scarves for 10 great-grandchildren :)


I finished the hand sewing on my "Big Star".
By my calculations we only have one or two more rows and this project will be complete - as far as the top is concerned. I'm going to try and put the rows together as much as are ready. There is no pattern for December and that gives us time to do any embellishing and finishing of rows. Linking up the finish to DOD.

I also worked on a couple of "Spring" rows.


The tree in my neighborhood is finally stitched. I just kept putting it off for something else that needed to be done more urgently.


And I'm finally working on the picket fence row. The lavendar are done. That was a lot of French knots. I'm moving back to the vine that interweaves the pickets before I decide what else I want to put on the bottom of the row. This is still only one half of the row. I'll have to do more stitching on the other side.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of knitting for your mom! She must love it. I really like your star. I was cutting out all the pieces for the row stars, and I had to stop, so now I'm not sure where I was. I guess I'll have to start piecing and see what's missing! Your embroidery looks wonderful, too.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Happy Birthday to your mum!!! Wow that's a lot of knitting. Your star is looking great hon, and I really love how your Spring Row is coming along - just lovely!