Sunday, September 27, 2015

A new project

I always have several projects going at the same time, hand embroidery and something on the sewing machine and at least a hundred more patterns to choose from.


Wednesday, I received my new Wool BOM. This is number six of nine. The small circles are actually done in a very dark, almost black green. Needless to say, stitching on black in the evening is difficult at best for me. So I need another project to work on. :)
I know, an excuse to start something new :)


When I met with BF on Thursday, we went through a stack of magazines she acquired from her Dad. They were her mother's and they are slowly sorting through her sewing room.
One of the magazines had this great pattern in it. I've chosen to do it on muslin - the pattern called for it on an orange-red, but I wanted a lighter background. All the outlines will be embroidered.
The design is called Mr. and Mrs. Chicken :)

I hope you are all doing something fun this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love that you are doing Mr & Mrs Chicken!!! Embroidery is somewhat secondary to quilting for me, but I made the chicken couple as a housewarming gift for my brother and sister-in-law when they bought their house 5 years ago. I found them to be so much fun! Hope you enjoy!