Friday, August 21, 2015

FNSI


Yes, it's that time of the month again. I don't know where the time goes, but looking forward to sharing the time with some good and new friends. Won't you join us? You can sign up with Wendy's and check out what everyone else is up to.

Here's what I've been up to this week.


These bits and pieces . . .


became prairie points. I've never made them before, so it was a new experience and something new to learn. I love them. I've seen them on a number of quilts on Pinterest. I love the look and it definitely adds a uniquie finish to a quilt.


Those prairie points were added to this project. Don't you just LOVE poka dots. That make me so happy.

And the end result - a new wall hanging and a finish !!!!


Isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen?
BF found it in a Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine (July/August 2012).
I found the same issue in my stash of magazines and off we went.

 


I'm debating about taking the ric rac at the top of their heads down, at least partially. But I'm not convinced yet. I kind of like it having some motion.

Another finish.


Block 8 of Vintage Kitchen.

I also put my hand at attempting more paper piecing.


There are some obvious mistakes, but for the first attempt I'm pretty pleased. I'm not going to take it out and make it right just so I can see where I came from :)
This is Row 1 of the Partiotic Quilt-Along. It wasn'trequired, but I would really like to include it just because I like the block. So we'll see how far along I get in the endeavor.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.


Say Cheese :)




6 comments:

Catherine said...

Love the rick rack "plumes". It makes them look so happy!

Anonymous said...

Love your chickens! I could see tacking the ric-rac in different heights. Or leaving it as is. It's cute this way, too. Love your prairie points on there. Your star is great, too. You are always trying new things. It's a great quality. I like the finished embroidery block, too, of course! Busy week!

Karen's Korner said...

Some cute chickens in your hen house.

Melody said...

Love your cute spotty dotty chicken

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I like the rick rack embellishment ... cute and does add some movement. I enjoy paper piecing and find that I can piece more accurately - not perfectly, but even so I'm more accurate (does that tell tales about my regular piecing abilities? ha!). I'm stopping by from FNSI.

Cath said...

Oh no, I love the ric rac feathers on their heads....it adds pizazz! as does the prairie point finishing.