Friday, June 19, 2015

Giddy up and go

It's been one of those weeks. Thought I would be home all week because my Monday plans were changed. Not so . . .

Monday, I printed my new Stitchery club patterns.  Jenny made a new bag with one of her patterns. I fell in love with the fabric and went on a search for it. I found it !!!! A whole yard !!!!


And it arrived today. I was one very excited person :)

More goodies arrived . . .


I got five gorgeous 9-patches from Dorothy, one of my swap partners in Texas. She never ceases to amaze me. These will be added to the others I've collected and I should almost have enough to make a quilt top. But that isn't on the radar until next year.

Another very pleasant surprise for me :)


Several months ago, my big, beautiful light box fell apart at the seams. We knew it was just going to be a matter of time before it did. Honey Do said all along he'd have to come up with something different to make it more stable.
Well, he did!!! The wood is cherry and he put it together after dinner. I really don't need to start another project, but I want to just to use it. He is so good to me :)

Tuesday, I had an errand to run. While I was out, I visited a new-to-me stitchery shop. I love these little shops. This one (who doesn't have a website) has been in business almost 30 years. She carried 20 plus different brands of floss and perle cotton - most of which you could not order on-line yourself. I will check her out again when I need specialty flosses or just want something special. I did find several small projects and this beautiful sampler.



Wednesday, more skirts. Time at the library. BF was at a stitchery class, so I had a morning to myself. We've had a fair amount of rain in the last few weeks. In between drops I've managed to weed and plant at least some of my vegetable garden. At this point, I'm hoping whatever is in will grow and produce. It's the latest I've ever been on planting.

Thursday was my turn to join BF for the Wool BOM class.



The ride home took me through a little rain.



You can see the spray from the semi in front of me on the highway. It's amazing you can drive and take pictures and not have to look at your phone :)


I will be working on my wool project during FNSI.



Hope you'll be joining us. You can still sign up.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm signed up and already working on my FNSI!

What a week you've had. I'm so glad you got to spend time with BF and with yourself. The stitchery shop sounds wonderful, as if I need to drive up there and check it out. =) Luckily you have all those new patterns you can trace on the lightbox! He is a genius. I love that you found the exact fabric Jenny used! Are you going to make a bag, too? Do you have the right colors of thread?

Allie-oops Designs said...

*gasp* you found that fabric!!!!!!! I love it! I didn't even think to look....it's so so pretty! You had a great mail week, girl! And I LOVE what hubby did with your light box, he's a keeper for sure, lol!

We have one of those little shops near me, but oh their prices are incredibly high...

dq said...

Edi, what is the name of the fabric you found because I love it too. I may just need to get some.