Sunday, May 3, 2015

Domesticity

Domesticity:  n. noun

    1. The quality or condition of being domestic.
    2. Home life or devotion to it.
    3. Household affairs. 



It was a gorgeous day in my neck of the woods and that usually means some motivation.

I managed to get some prep work on a couple of pin cushions done before my day actually got started. 



I'm hoping to get these done before Monday.

My next task was to get dinner supplies and make Greek hamburgers for dinner. Honey Do was grilling ribs and I wanted to try this new recipe. It was yummy - no picture because we ate them all before I could :) We just served them with a salad. Honey Do is not only trying to quit smoking but would really like to get his weight under control. So we are focusing on eating healthier.

Speaking of eating healthier, a great snack and something that makes you feel like you are cheating is a smoothie.


I was gifted with a Ninja blender for Christmas and it will do so much more than just make smoothies, but they are quick, easy and tasty. This one is orange strawberry.

Any time I have leftover or an abundance (which doesn't usually happen with Newton around) I prep them for the freezer and we make smoothies.

 

I purchased mangoes about a week ago that seemed to still be a little green and left them on the counter to ripen. Aren't they gorgeous? I purchased them for a dollar each. I don't know if that's a good price or not. I prepped each one and put them in their own bags and popped them in the freezer. The next time someone wants a frozen treat, they are ready to go.

Being domestic comes pretty natural to me, although I do have to think sometimes about what needs done and if there is an easier way to do something. I don't always get the fruit in the freezer because I didn't take care of it soon enough. But I'm pretty excited when I do and can offer my family a healthier alternative to snacking.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a good price for a good sized one. That's what I used to pay in Arizona for Mexican ones. I don't see them that low here very often. I applaud your desires to eat more healthy meals. What are Greek burgers? I need to get a new ... I don't know what you call it, but the rack on the grill where you put the meat? Paul used mine last year to melt the plastic off wiring to get the copper. Dork never thought about we couldn't eat from it after that!

Allie said...

I LOVE smoothies. When I don't feel like cooking breakfast, I throw a banana, some blueberries, an apple, some flax seeds and a bit of water in the blender. YUM.

Quitting smoking is HARD - I've smoked for over 30 years, I'll be quitting again July 15th [it helps to set a date]. The only way I've been successful in the past is to use those e-cigs. I step down on the nicotine dose and get to zero. Now if I could convince hubby to quit, I'd have a chance, lol. I wish your hubby all the best success!!