Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Finish

I never planned to sew or stitch on Sunday. My mornings are spent at church and when I come home, I clean up breakfast dishes and start preparing meals. If I plan well, lunch is leftovers of some kind and dinner is in the crock pot or take out :)

This particular Sunday, I did go to church, stopped for some lunch supplies, and when I got home cleaned up breakfast and started prepping. I already had brisket in the crock pot. I made sloppy joes for lunch and prepped Monday lunch for Honey Do and vegetables for the brisket. I made corned beef and cabbage for dinner - Honey Do was very happy.


In between all the kitchen time, I spent time working on my Quilter's Garden block that I started on Saturday.


I appliqued around the tree top and trunk, tacked on the "quilt".

 

My other embellishments included the little butterfly on the quilt and a birdie in the birdhouse :)

Too cute !!

I'm moving on to play with another mystery quilt that I started. I haven't talked much about it because it's really challenging me and I'm cheating a bit by watching to see what is published after the steps are published. I'm not doing that with every step, just the ones that are really stumping me :) But I'm also enjoying the challenge and getting outside my comfort zone. It's helping me to try to create something without a pre-set idea or design. Something very new for me.


(image from internet)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a great block! I love the little birdhouse you put in the tree. You always have those cute little touches.