Monday, February 23, 2015

"Vintage"

The joy of being a woman of "a certain age" is that not only do you appreciate all things vintage, but you have fond memories of them as well.

One of my best memories is there was always tablecloths on the table and doilies on arm chairs and end tables and coffee tables. The ones I grew up with were stitched by Mom and aunts and I've been fortunate to have some of them handed down to me.

Last week on Pinterest, there was a post for a "vintage" tablecloth. I LOVE tablecloths, so I pursued them.






I fell in love with this printed cloth. I will press it and get it on my table :)


Monday was spent in my usual fashion: clean sheets, laundry, vacuuming, washing floors.

We got quite a bit of snow over the weekend again. It feels like March may be coming in as a lion this year. We'll see as it's just around the corner.


Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, and I'll bet that doesn't melt in a hurry. Love the tablecloth! My grandmother had all those things at her house, made by her, but my aunt wasn't into those things. She taught me to crochet handkerchief edgings, but she didn't want stuff all over. Probably came from being a military wife. ;)