Tuesday, January 20, 2015

How much progress was made?

My week had several changes in plans. . . Originally, I was going to be home and deal with all the piles and projects I needed to start and others I need to finish. I don't want this year to be a year where I feel that all I do is juggle my time to keep up with my projects and I especially wanted to focus on my ever-growing pile of UFOs.

But the UFOs are starting to take over. Everywhere I look I see something that I want to work on and keep loosing focus.

Well, there are tools to help with that :)


I signed up to participate in A Lovely Year of Finishes
The goal here is to have 12 projects done with one per month being your goal. You post the project and we try to encourage each other throughout the month to be successful.



On this one, you fill out a form with your UFOs and what you want to accomplish. They randomly draw a number and that's the one you work on for the month. The next month, a new number is drawn and you work on that project. You won't necessarily finish your project(s), but you will be concentrating on working on them for at least the current month.

I made a goal list last year, and did ok keeping up with the new projects but not so much the UFOs. So they are the focus this year.

The new items I'm working on will end up as gifts for the coming year.



Another tool to keep us moving forward and getting things done is Friday Night Sew-In. You can sign up with Ms. Wendy :)


Tilda is all hand and machine quilted. I did both and love the way it's turning out. All that's left to do is add the binding. After several days of looking for the binding - I'm amazed at how disorganized I am sometimes - I cut new binding and got it sewn on. 

 

All that's left is the hand-stitching and I'm working on that freverishly :)


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm finding that with my calendar, too. I have to keep changing things! Looks like you can even combine the two UFO ideas: make a list, see what number comes up, and that's your Lovely Finish for the month! One step in front of the other.

Candi said...

Love the way you're accomplishing completion of your UFO's. If I ever get over this cold/flu whatever Bert and I have, I may try that. Really need to get back to posting on my blog too. Tomorrow may be a good time to start. Love yours!