Monday, January 26, 2015

GROW YOUR BLOG


Hi, I'm Edi . . . or Edith . . . or "e", which is usually how I sign my notes and emails.
I'm a wife, mother, Sunday School teacher and follower of Jesus Christ. AND I'm a blogger because someone told me almost two year ago that it was something I could  do and would enjoy. To be perfectly honest, I don't know why anyone would find what I do interesting, but surprisingly, they do. I keep blogging because I'm making friends - not just acquaintences, but friends. I can ask them questions and not feel completely inept. The worst critism I've received is that I'm too hard on myself. Everyone I've come in contact with has been VERY encouraging and supportive. I love being part of the blogging community. It's a very tight, close-knit group of wonderful people.
I'll blog about almost anything . . . sewing, quilting, stitchery, cooking, gardening, church, my family. I haven't stepped into the realm of design yet, but I have modified designs I've worked with. I try to be very supportive of my fellow bloggers by sharing things they blog about or designs they are working on.

Here's what I'm working on currently:



These little applique hearts are from another block of the month, but I'm going to use them in my new wall hanging. You can find the pattern here.  


This sweet little stitchery is from my dear friend Wendy. The pattern isn't available for sale (yet?), but she has others to choose from.


Both of those components will be a new wall hanging . . .






My most recent finish is my Tilda quilt. I started it last spring and had hoped to finish it last year, so I started my year with a UFO. Now it's off the list and on my bed :)



Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice introduction! Describes your work perfectly. =)

Christine said...

Lovely finish and some very nice projects in progress too!

Wendyb said...

oh hunny, its all so beautiful....yours is the first block I've seen stitched up....so nice! I don't know what I'd do without my blogging buddies now.....can't wait to see your next step into the designing realm! You are a darling and I know you would succeed! xoxoxo sugary hugs sweetness :o)

barbara woods said...

Hi ,I am a quilter from Ga, following now