Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gratitude

Sometimes the best time of the day is when the postman comes to your door. Today was one of those days.

 


I am so very grateful for new friends that have shown so much kindness and generosity to me in the last few months. I received all this goodnes today from Karen. She is cleaning and purging and reorganizing and sent me all these wooden spools of thread and frabric.
I was like a kid in the candy store when this box came. I've never seen spools painted, only natural wood. The dark wood with purple thread is stamped not only on the ends but all around and thread isn't cotton - it's silk !!! And the two black spools in the front . . . the dark thread is about 1/2 inch tall and the lighter is only about 3/8 inch. I've NEVER seen a spool that small !!!

Thank you Karen !!!


 

I've spent the last two weeks hand tying, machine quilting and hand sewing on Tilda.


I am grateful to report today that Tilda is F-I-N-S-H-E-D !!!!!

My first UFO of the years. I'll be linking back to ALYOFs at the end of the month with my update.



This couple has been very special to me. They were instrumental in bringing me to my faith in Christ Jesus. They have been married for 57 years and raised 4 children and loved on grandchildren, great-grandchildren and many of us they generously adopted into their families and treated as one of their own. 

Mom passed through the pearly gates this morning to spend eternity with Jesus and all her loved ones that have gone on before.

Mom had a generous, loving spirit. She prayed for us daily and will be sorely missed, but Heaven has filled one more seat with an Angel.

I love you Mom and will be eternally grateful for your love and support.


Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Edi. I know she meant so much to you. You will see her again. Congratulations on meeting your Lovely Finish goal. I'm going to need every last minute, I think!