Thursday, October 30, 2014

Retreat . . .

1re·treat

 noun \ri-ˈtrēt\
: movement by soldiers away from an enemy because the enemy is winning or has won a battle
: movement away from a place or situation especially because it is dangerous, unpleasant, etc.
: the act of changing your opinion or position on something because it is unpopular

Hmmmm... none of those really fit my plans for a "retreat".   The last one at least comes close - changing my opinion or position.

What's changing is that I'm spending too much time playing on the computer and not enough time getting things done - not meeting my goals. So I'm going to do something about that!!

It's the end of October - time to review the goal list:

1 - Bethlehem - Block 10 - haven't even started 

2 - Little Quilties - DONE


3 - Quilt Doodle BOM - Blocks 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (on-going) - I  have fabric prepped for several blocks, but haven't sewn anything together yet.

4 - One Christmas/Birthday gift (new)

Doll cradle for my great-niece.


5 - One item for myself (new) - nothing new here

6 - Rag rug (new) - DONE

7 -  UFO - not even worried about these right now. This will be my main focus for 2015 especially since I have so many quilts in various stages of complettion.

8 - Snowmen block (new) - Block _?_ - This is a series that BFF and I are sharing the patterns, but haven't gotten any new ones and haven't started the one I do have. Yup, back burner :)

9 - Tilda quilt (new) - This one I'm excited about. It will be sandwiched and basted in November, ready to quilt :) The top is finished and bordered !!



Odds and ends:

Quilter's Garden Swap

 

my block to keep



my block to swap


Jenny's Holiday Hostess Table Runner


Haven't decided if I'm keeping this or giving it as a gift. I'm very happy with it.

These little beauties are from Wendy. I have 5 of the 6 blocks finished.

 




I've got more than enough to catch up on during my mini-personal retreat. The first week of November will be very busy - and hopefully, productive.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a very creative day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are going to do this! You had a productive October, but I bet November will blow the roof off.