Sunday, October 26, 2014

Gorgeous Saturday . . . Productive Sunday . . .


I'm not having coffee with a friend, but I have had my coffee and on to prepping the carrots for the freezer :)


I went from two full buckets of dirty carrots, the ground is still really wet from all the rain we've had in the last week, to . . .


14 - 1 quart bags of chunked, sliced and shredded. We are estimating about 20 - 25 pounds of carrots :)
Not a bad harvest :)

In between all that goodness, I did dishes and laundry to keep up and try to make my week a little easier. We've all been fighting colds and flu symptoms this week, so it feels like I'm behind. Pops also went home, so there's a bit of an adjustment getting used to having my time all to me again without having to consider if anyone else wants to do something or needs something. 

* * * * *

So we spent that afternoon doing odds and ends: 

Sanded and primed the dining room wall . . .

patched several holes in Newton's room . . .

removed a sleeper sofa that has seen better days years ago . . .

mowed the lawn, hopefully for the last time this season - I know, probably not :)

This coming week I have plans to prime some more walls, decide on paint colors and clean carpets. Can you tell it's time to catch up neglected projects in the house?


I received another package in the mail today.


More 9-patches and a really cute stripe to play with.  Thank you KTJ :)


* * * * *

Sunday rose with aches and stiffness and not feeling 100%. I managed to get through church, but not Sunday School. I'm so grateful for the wonderful team I have to work with. By early afternoon I was feeling better, enough to do something. I really dislike just laying around. My hands and mind need to be busy. 

Each trip outside with the dogs gave me a small window of opportunity to play in the dirt. I have onions to dig up and dirt to turn over for the winter. I also harvested my rosemary.


I going to strip the branches and put it in the freezer, for the moment, the house smells really good with the fresh cut sprigs.

When I wasn't outside, I was working on my Quilter's Garden block.

 

One to keep, one to swap.
I know the deadline is quickly approaching and I didn't want to leave it until this late in the month, but you know how time gets away from you. I still have the applique to finish by hand, but it's a done deal. 

* * * * *

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.












No comments: