Friday, August 22, 2014

Super Sunrise

My day usually starts pretty early. Honey Do is up at 5:30 a.m. to get ready for work. I take care of the dogs, make coffee and pack his lunch. Some mornings I go back to bed. Others I don't.
Autumn is quickly approaching. August is nearly over.... I know there are still ten days but, the children are back in school. You can feel it in the air. The urgency to maintain gardens and yards is dissipating. It all needs to still be done but the urgency and demand for attention is no longer there. A morning of letting the dogs play while I weeded a garden has evolved into letting them play while I sit and ponder or just watch or read.


This morning...it's about 7:45 and we enjoy the sun's gradual assent into day. Birds chirping. The berries from an unidentified tree rocketing to the ground. A blue jay chasing a squirrel. Enjoying the peacefulness of a mostly quiet part of my day before it gets too hectic and demanding and away from me. I hope your morning started gradually, peacefully and without too much demand. I'm going to make a conscientious effort to start every day this way.

* * * * *

I am making some really good progress on my Little Stitches.


The stitching on this project will be complete this week !!!

* * * * * 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.





2 comments:

Wendyb said...

what a superb start to the day.....one day I'll get to share it with you! Lovin' your Quilty Stitches....doing my last block tomorrow (hopefully!)
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :o)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a perfect start to the day. I would probably add a little scripture reading into it, if I could get myself up early enough to avoid the humidity on the back deck!