Wednesday, August 13, 2014

At loose ends

That's where I'm finding myself this week. We received some unsettling news today and that has thrown me into a bit of a tail spin and I find myself at loose ends.

What that means for me is trying to find things to occupy my hands, my mind and my heart.  For my hands that means gardening and sewing/stitching. That also works for my mind because you kind of have to concentrate when you sew/stitch. Gardening not so much, but the weeds are losing their battle with me this week. For my hear, I pray. Not for any long stretch of time, but I catch myself sending up a prayer without even thinking about it.

My niece has a timely cover on her FaceBook page - This too shall pass. Things have been difficult and emotional lately. I think I need to adopt her mantra. I know that I don't have any more than I can handle - if I should be handling it in the first place. That's Our Lord and Savior's job - He said so. I need to let it go and let Him handle it for me. Again, prayers are always welcome - and needed.  Thank you.

* * * * *

So the hands . . .


Loving hands . . .


Praying hands . . .


Creative hands . . .

As I said, I've been keeping mine busy . . .

Weeding . . .

Cleaning . . . 

Laundry . . . 

Stitching . . .



I've made some major progress on Block 8 of Bethlehem. Should be done this week.

* * * * * 




We've had quite a bit of rain this week, especially the last couple of days. The most beautiful skies appear after the rain. On Tuesday, we went from down pouring rain to bright, beautiful, blue skies in about 45 minutes time.  Just stunning.

* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative wekend.





** Photos of hands were found on Pinterest.com



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the things that distress you. I will pray for the burdens to be lifted from your heart, or your heart be made stronger to bear them. You are not alone. Love the pictures of hands. Even on this very intense Bethlehem block, you are moving at a good speed.

e said...

Thank you Susan. Sent you a seperate email.