Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Slow start . . .

Do you ever have those days? You've slept fairly well, you get up, you're EXHAUSTED ?? !! That's how today started. I just wanted to crawl back into bed and call it a day before it ever really got started!

* * * * *

Maybe it's all the overcast skies? It rained Monday night and the forecast is for more rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. As I look out my diningroom window, my yard is green, my flower beds are blooming (the weeds are even under control!!), but it's dreary, overcast. Doesn't really encourage much motivation. Please understand, I'm not complaining about the rain :) If it rains, that means I don't have to go out and do yardwork (it will wait for me) and I can stay inside and stitch and sew and that's what's on the agenda for the day.

Once I make up my mind to find my motivation, all I can say is keep up or get out of my way :)


Chocolate chips ready for the oven . . .


Ground beef, all browned and ready for dinner - Taco Salads tonight :)


Mustn't forget my helper and chief-taste-tester :)


They look yummy, don't they?

And since I'm on a roll this morning . . . 


Cocktail sausages baked in refrigerator cresent rolls - quick easy, snack or lunch.


I also had some left over deli ham and shredded cheddar. I took a tube of cresent rolls and sealed the seams, layered the ham and cheese, rolled it up and baked for about 10 mins. at 375 deg. F. Again, another quick, simple "sandwich" for Newton and Honey Do for lunch.

Quite the productive morning for lacking motivation, don't you think?

* * * * * 

Yesterday, one of the stops I made was at the craft store. This particular store has DMC floss for half what all the other craft/fabric retailers sell it for. On the way back to that department, I noticed that all their "spring" decor was 50% off. My kind of deal !!! 

I wish I had taken a before photo, because I did some "altering".


I needed a new "wreath" for the back door. I prefer something rather flat because there's a storm door it will get sandwiched in between. This was perfect. It's just a little pressed board painted with the flowers and a pressed board 3-D glitter butterfly. Cute, but it lacked personality. So . . .


Since I scrap book, there's always a supply that can do more than lay on a page. I had these silk and paper flowers and "gem" stone brads. I knew I would do one of the flowers in the center.

 

In retail you are always (always) moving and remerchandising your store. The bottom of this item had small hooks. They were bumped and basically, unusable. There was also a glue smudge at the butterfly and up at the top next to "Welcome". I removed the hooks and added these flowers to cover the imperfections. 

My $2.00 purchase now hangs on my back door :)

* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.









No comments: