Friday, June 6, 2014

FNWF


It's First Friday!!! Are you ready to spend some time with friends?  I know I am.
Here's your link.

* * * * *

As for me, I am pulling together my supplies for a new stitch-along.


Jenny does such beautiful work. This one is 26 weeks and begins on Monday. If we are diligent, we'll have a finish for the end of the year :)

* * * * *
Sunday we begin the summer quarter and we begin "In the beginning . . . "


I loved this idea for creation and will try to do a modification of the idea. The students are thrid and fourth graders, so they'll be good to go.

* * * * *
Honey Do is home . . . safe and sound and tired. We'll stay close to home this weekend, which we usually do and that's just fine by me. The temperatures are a little cooler from the cold front that went through with the rain, so it will be perfect for spending some much needed time in flower beds. 


This is how it begins :( 
It only seems to take a handful of days to get to this awful state !!! But this is my Friday project. This is only about a 3 ft. x 6 ft. section, but the roots of most of these intolerable weeds go really deep and even though we just had rain a couple of days ago, the ground is already dry. It will require a shovel to dig up, no small hand tools for this job.


And then you get rewarded for all your efforts. I absolutely love white flowers, especially this peony with it's little specs of red popping out to greet you. Just makes you want to keep going to find more treasures.


And these two - this is what greets me everytime I walk back in the door. Taz and Nina (in the back). She would stay in the backyard and keep me company (fenced in, of course). For Taz, just seeing me isn't quite enough. I need to be right where he is or he just carries on like I've abandoned him.

* * * * *
Off to get more chores done. My days of respite are over and it's time to get back into our normal routine. That means cooking, cleaning and laundry on top of the yard work. Not that I'm complaining. I enjoyed my break and did a fair amount of stitching.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.



No comments: