Monday, May 19, 2014

FNSI - updates


As usual, Friday night rolls over into Saturday, into Sunday. I, as usual, didn't get as much done as I would have liked. Most of Friday was spent grocery shopping, putting things away and making dinner. 

Saturday, was spent making breakfast, doing laundry, dishes and some gardening.



 

I'm very pleased with my efforts and have a huge sense of accomplishment. I still have quite a bit more gardening to do, but with these results I feel enthused to continue to completion.

****

After almost a week of rain, we are finally looking at some sunshine and warmer temperatures again.

When I wasn't gardening or doing other chores, I was stitching. I finished the first of the three "wisemen" and am now excited to get this block finished. 

Once I hit a certain point, I don't want to stop. It's like getting to that spot in a good book . . . you just can't put it down.

****



I also watched several movies, however, my newest favorite is The Book Thief. I listened to the book a couple of months ago and loved it. This movie is one of the few that actually did the book justice. I highly recommend it.

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.






6 comments:

Maria said...

lovely garden you have there.
Nice stitching on your Wise men. and i love the Book Thief too.

Wendyb said...

the garden's looking fab Edi!!! Well worth the effort......must get into mine and get it ready for winter! Your wise men are coming along nicely and I love what you're doing with them. I still have to quilt mine.....one and a half quilts to go and then I'll start!!!! Must watch The Book Thief....they're showing it on PayTV at the moment here so I must watch it before it changes again! Time for a catch up, Edi- girl...things are becoming 'normal' again!!!! xoxoxoxo sugary sweet hugs :o)

Wendyb said...

PS....loving the new blog look too.......looking 'professional' heehee xox

e said...

Thank you. I loved the book and the movie, that doesn't happen very often :)

e said...

Oh I've missed you so much :) !!!! Yes please, anytime :) Thank you for the comments on the garden and stitching. The garden has been neglected too long and since we had such a long winter, I haven't been able to work the vegetable garden (that's changing this weekend :) Mom always had gorgeous gardens, so I come by my love of them naturally, I just get myself involved in too much. Love you, hugs in return :)

e said...

Thank you... it was time to let all the winter themes go in favor of something brighter :)