Thursday, May 1, 2014

4/30/14 - Monthly goals and finishes

April is done. Can you believe that four months have already done by this year. Time really is flying. So how did you do on your goals this month? I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to, but I can't say I'm not pleased with what I did.  Here's my recap:

April Goal List:

1 - Bethlehem - Finish Block 4 and Block 5. My goal is to do one block per month. Block four was begun in March and finished in April.

Block 4

Block 5


2 - Little Stitches- Blocks 5 and 6. These are published about every two weeks.

Block 5and 6


3 - Quilt Doodle BOM - Blocks 1, 2, 3 and 4. I'm way behind on this goal. Honestly, I was afraid to start. But now that I have, I'm feeling more confident. The first block was hard and not as pretty as I would really like, but not un-useable. Block 2 is almost done, so I see them being caught up in May. If you are interested, the link is under the photo.



4 - One Christmas/Birthday gift. I was gifted some of those paper boxes with lids. This one had a butterfly design on the top that I really didn't like. I found a tutorial here. I didn't copy it, but it gave me the idea and I'm making that one on a larger box to hold basic sewing supplies. I'll finish that one in May.

 

5 - One garment for myself (new) - This didn't get done :( . . . However, I did manage to pull out a pattern and some fabric. So it will be a priority in May.

6 - Rag rug. I found this on Pinterest. I had a whole box of fabric strips that were prepared for Vacation Bible School last summer. We ended up not using them and the church didn't want the fabric, so I am using it to make these rugs.

7 - Spring pillow (UFO) - this didn't get done either. :(

8 - Snowmen block  - Block 2. I'm working this series with BFF. Neither one of us know when too much is too much, but so far I'm keeping up. We're sharing a pattern, so I'm waiting until she finishes hers then I get them. It really cuts down on expense. She purchases one design, I purchase the next and we share.
Block 2

9 - Tilda quilt. This is from Sew Pretty Home by Tone Finnegar. If you haven't checked out her books, I highly recommend them, especially if you like the "shabby chic". Her books are full of inspiration. Check them out at the library. I'm finding that the library carries many craft books and it's a great way to decide if you really want to invest in a book to add to your library. So many times we get things and end up being disappointed because it wasn't quite what you expected or there's only one or two designs you really love and you'll never use the book again. So I review them first and if I feel it's a good invest for me, I make the purchase.
So this is the first row of a five row quilted throw. It's appliqued and embroidered, so there is a pretty big time commitment and my goal will be one row per month. Of course, I can always do more if I find I have more time to spare - not usually :)

Row 1 of 5

10. This one wasn't on the list, but it's finished. Mom came to visit recently and didn't bring her project with her. We always work on something while we're visiting and I remembered this one. So she finished it for me except for the finishing round which I did later after she left.

Crocheted cotton rug

Only a couple of things didn't get done on my goal list for the month. Yeah, feeling pretty good about my accomplishments. I've tried to link you up with the sites that I can, if you have any questions drop me a line and I'll see if I can help.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


Links:

http://desertskyquilts.wordpress.com/press-on

http://quiltdoodledesigns.blogspot.com/p/bom-2014.html

http://sewitsfinished.blogspot.com/

http://www.littlemissshabby.com/quilty-stitches/

http://shabbyartboutique.com/2011/05/vintage-sewing-box-tutorial.html

http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2010/02/rag-rug-tutorial.html


2 comments:

Teresita said...

Edi, me encantan tus trabajos, tienes un hermoso blog!

e said...

Thank you so much. It was very nice to hear from you.