Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Humpity Hump

It's been a very strange week for me. The weekend and Monday were so productive. Tuesday and today - not so much. It's gotten chilly again - I wonder if that is what's zapping my motivation?  Does the weather affect your creativity and productivity?

I did manage a few stitches, but not many. What I did get accomplished was making dinner.

I used ham instead of bacon, since we have it leftover from Easter dinner. It was easy to put together and make ahead so all I had to do was put it in the oven just before dinner.

And I made cookies.

I called my co-teacher for Sunday School and the two of us went shopping at our favorite thrift store. We always find something and there was one final 50% off your total purchase coupon to use. That was all the incentive either of us needed. Here are the linens I found this trip:


 
a set of two appliqued napkins. They cost me $0.75 !!! for both

These were hand stitched. Look at the hems . . . aren't they gorgeous ? !!!

These are machine embroidered hankies, but they were too pretty to leave behind.

Sorry this isn't the best photo, all these buttons and beads are red. I purchased this t-shirt just for the buttons and beads. It cost me $0.75, and I can't buy the buttons and beads for that amount. I don't have a specific project in mind for them, but Christmas is coming and there will be something looking for red embellishments. The shirt is in the laundry to be washed and passed on to someone else. I was careful not to damage it.

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the weather affects my energy for everything - and if one thing goes wrong or distracts me, it's usually hard to get back to sewing. =P Love your buttons and your linen collection. What a great store that must be!

e said...

There are three of the same store within 30 mins of home. I have a preference to shop one of them and always come home with these beautiful linens.