Thursday, March 6, 2014

One of those weeks . . .

where you say: "the best laid plans".


As you know, I've committed to the 30/30 Sewing Challenge. So far this week, I've managed 3 out of 6 days at the machine. That doesn't mean I haven't been busy, but I wanted to use the challenge to spend more time with my machine. Here's hoping I'll get some time on Friday.


I've also link up with Susan to "Press On" as an encouragement not only to complete projects, but also to make a list of goals. I'm very excited about this too. I'm not afraid to make a to-do list or a goal list and am looking forward to accomplishing mine.

As I said it's been one of those weeks. Nina got an infection and went to the vet on Monday - not planned. Fortunately, she's doing great and I don't foresee any future problems.

Tuesday, I was blessed to spend the entire morning with BFF sharing our projects and accomplishments and planning future projects. We have such a good time and it goes much too quickly.

Wednesday was one of my sewing days :)

Thursday, I got to spend most of the day with Mom. We did some spring cleaning, shopping and shared lunch. It was a really good day. When I got home I managed to carve out some time to do some hand sewing on a project I'm trying really hard to get finished and feel like I'm not moving forward. I wasn't planning on all the little details taking so much time. But they do and we are always glad for them when the project is finished.

Because the week has just gotten away from me, I suggested to a fellow blogger that we should just have a Friday Night Sew In just to see what we can get accomplished. I don't have any pressing plans for the weekend, so I think the laundry room and sewing room will be getting some extra attention from me. Honey Do has a project he's working on in the garage and we're looking forward to some warmer temperatures in the next few days, so Newton will bounce back and forth between us and playing with the dogs in the yard and doing his own things. Should be a productive weekend.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative weekend.



No comments: