Friday, March 14, 2014

Fabulous Friday . . .

Sunshine . . .

50 plus degrees . . .

What a beautiful prelude to spring :)

Not very productive yesterday or today, there is my own personal Friday night sew-in. So on the agenda:

The brown hearts quilt block. I've got 6 of 16 hearts done. Hand applique is a slow process.

Newton, a very good friend of mind, Ms. Jackie, and I went thrift shopping today. I had an amazing haul. I found several garments for myself. Newton didn't have as much luck and Ms. Jackie was pleased with her purchases. But what I'm most excited about are the vintage linens and pretties.

I love battenburg lace and blue glass :)

This is a pitcher and cup. Very cute. 
The cup has a chip in it, so I'm thinking maybe a pin cushion :)

It's machine embroidery, but just so pretty in a really soft green.

Close up of the pitcher.

Aren't these linens gorgeous?

I purchased this little bowl years ago from a Hallmark Card Shop, couldn't pass up a second one. 

Linen detail - swoon :)

This was too cute to pass up. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

Baby bonnet - again, too pretty to pass up.

I can no longer complain that I'm not finding these pretty vintage linens in my thrift stores. The last two trips have been jackpots.

I also found a several linen trousers that won't fit, but I'm going to cut apart and use as fabric for some new projects I have in mind.

Off to finish dinner, homemade pizza and then get busy on that quilt block and get some laundry done.
*


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative weekend.







* - downloaded from Parma Animal Shelter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, linen is SO fabulous in crazy quilt blocks! I use a lot of it, but I need to find some linen at the thrift store, too. I haven't had much luck with wool in the last couple of years, but maybe linen will be better. =) Love your finds!

e said...

At least in my part of the country, now is the time b/c people are cleaning out for the next season. And a buck for a pair of linen pants that are too big for me is still less expensive than yardage at the fabric store. I feel pretty clever :)
Thank you. I love my finds too.