Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fresh start

Sunday,



My favorite day of the week.  I get to spend some time with my third and fourth graders, enjoying the Lord's Word and lessons and finding creative ways to share that joy. I work with a good team of two men and another lady, all, of course, who love the Lord. Today we played a "human" board game using questions from the first quarter's lessons (I and II Kings) and dice to move. It was a fun way to review what we've been learning for the last 12 weeks. It's hard to believe we've already gone through so much of the current school year. It was fun to learn the history of Elisha and even incorporate some of those lessons into today's every day life.

I'm seeing a lot of green the last couple of days.  We started the week like this:

       



This pile of snow was three times this size just a couple of days ago and the whole back yard was flooded from all the rain and melting snow.



I discovered these this morning - daffodils. Spring is not too far off :)


We had a good, productive weekend at my house.  Newton spent the weekend at Young Marines. We are joining a new unit, so he was a little nervous but from everything I've seen so far, I think it will be a good fit.

Sister came over and we finished her snowman quilt. All that was left was the binding. She did really good for her first attempt.



While Sister worked on her quilt, I finally got some of the mending done that I've been attempting to do all winter:

2 pairs of Honey Do's jeans
1 pair of Newton's jean shorts 
2 or 3 t-shirts
a knit sweater of mine
2 pairs of capris - mine

VERY productive. My sewing table is clean again.

I managed to get a little done on Bethlehem Block 3. Working with metallic thread is neither quick or easy work, so this is going to take longer than I thought it would.



Dinner Saturday evening was provided by a customer of Honey Do's. We were gifted with fresh lake perch and croppy, about 5 pounds worth. This is all that's left :)



It was very tasty. So appreciative of generous people who share their efforts. This gentleman went ice-fishing in January. So the fish was very fresh. It was a very nice change of pace.

Today's dinner is stuffed burgers. Honey Do, per my request, gave me some suggestions for meals this past week. We had chicken cordon blue the other day and today are the burgers.



They were stuffed with blue cheese and spinach. So tasty. I told you earlier in the week I was in a cooking rut. Sometimes the brain just can't come up with something different. I was glad for the suggestions.

One of my favorite series of books is from Gooseberry Patch. They are up to number 15 or 16 now. I have discovered the older issues are extremely inexpensive on Amazon so I've begun ordering them.



They are a great resource of recipes and craft ideas. I'm going to start "shopping" them for ideas for Christmas gifts for next year.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative week.






No comments: