Thursday, December 26, 2013

Enjoying holidays

My normal routine is being interrupted for a total of 12 and 14 days while Honey Do and Newton are home for the Christmas break.  Mind you, I'm not complaining.  I have enjoyed the company.  I get too used to being by myself, almost to the point that I would prefer to be that way and that's not good.  So I am treasuring this little break.

My days are off - today is Thursday, but it feels like the weekend and has all week.  That's a little rough, but we'll get through it.



I have been doing a lot of dish washing since the weekend, so I've had more time than usual to admire my little winter garden.  Not only is it growing, but the number of containers are multiplying.


This is the first celery I attempted.  There are now two of them.


This little container is holding onions and a romaine lettuce.  It's only been in water for a couple of days.


This one is beginning a second romaine and has a carrot top.

I have to remember to water them at least every other day.  But I am very pleased with their progress.  They are extremely forgiving when I forget the water and bounce back almost immediately on getting a drink.  I was so excited about them that I told my father-in-law and he has now started his own winter garden in Texas.


I made some time this morning between loads of laundry and dishes to finish up my dish towel.  I am absolutely in love with it.  I began a second one today.  Same design, but I'm stitching in a variegated blue.  The small scrap squares were cut at 1.5 inches square to finish at 1 inch.  I am very pleased with the end result.  The recipient is a crafter and will definitely appreciate all the effort and display it proudly in her kitchen.  I can't wait to give it to her.


I also managed to make a batch of cupcakes.  Yes, there are still Christmas cookies but I've been waiting to make these since about mid-October when I was planning Halloween.  I couldn't wait any longer.  I'm not a master baker, but I do love to have fun when I do get to bake.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day and 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your days sound delightful, really. The cupcakes are adorable - and I'll bet delicious. Love the tea towel. The giftee will, too, I'm sure. Your winter garden is growing! I'm anxious to see what comes of all this. =)