Sunday, November 10, 2013

Unmotivated

I have had a very difficult time lately staying motivated.  There have been some extenuating circumstances, but that's not giving me much comfort.



I'm slowly working through my pile of one yard flannels that are going to be recieving blankets for my great newphew due between Christmas and the first week of January, 2014.  I'm having a difficult time with that because since Harley went missing a couple of weeks ago, Taz has decided nothing else should have attention except him :)


Harley and Taz were good buddies . . . 



so I understand his loss and confusion.


I have managed to work on a couple of yarn projects . . .


I have huge skeins of this pretty mint green and white yarn.  They are going to make an afghan for my great nephew who was born in August.  This will be a Christmas gift.  So at least Christmas gifts have been started :)


These lovlies are starting to come along.  I saw a pattern at Joann Fabrics for a scrap granny square afghan.  I've been collecting odds and ends of yarn for awhile.  I've made several scrap afghans, but decided I wanted something with a pattern.  I'm debating about putting the squares together with a neutral color.  I have a skein of gray, so that's where I'm leaning.

So what do you do when you have no motivation?  Is there someone who inspires you?  Do you find things on Pinterest or in magazines?  Other blogs?

All excellant resources.  Time to pull up my boot-straps :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.


(Image found on Pinterest)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been feeling somewhat unmotivated since I finished yesterday's project. Today, I'm giving myself permission to take off and do nothing. I'll press some fabric in preparation for something I plan to do, and I made that plan, but otherwise, I'm just lazing about, watching Star Trek and reading blogs. =)

e said...

Isn't it nice to be able to give ourselves permission to take time off? So glad for you. Hope you enjoyed that time.