Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Overwhelmed

I made the mistake this morning of laying back down for a nap after Honey Do and Newton left.
When I got back up about 40 minutes later, I had this huge feeling of so much to do and things I hadn't yet done this week, that all of a sudden I felt overwhelmed.


First thing I did was update my to-do list.  That helps me stay organized and on task.
Now that I look at it in writing, it's manageable.

And as I write this, the first task was to email the church's copy room and request copies for my Sunday School craft.  I just got the phone call saying the copies are finished and ready to be picked up.

The afternoon was spent putting kits together for the kids.


Each kit contains 57 clothespins so they can be sorted and clipped in order.


The Old Testament is color coded by the different categories (Books of Law, History, Poetry, Major and Minor Prophets).  This way, each child can memorize the books in smaller groups.  The director of our unit (third and fourth graders) has also been coming up with different games to help with the learning/memorizing process.  


Dinner tonight :)
Sorry I don't have a better picture - an actual plate of pasta.  I was too hungry.  I haven't been taking time for a proper mid-day meal, so my evening meals are being scarfed down as fast as I can get them to the table.

Here's the recipe:

Penne with Spinach and Sausage

Salt and Pepper
1 lb. of penne pasta
1 lb. Italian sausage, remove the casings (use either hot or sweet)
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 - 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes with juice
1 t. dried basil
1 t. dried oregano
5 oz. fresh baby spinach
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving

1.  Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente, about 11 minutes, drain.

2.  In a large skillet, medium high heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
Add garlic, cook 30 seconds.
Stir in tomatoes with juice, basil, oregano.
Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.

3.  Add pasta to skillet, stir to combine.
Add spinach.  Stir until just wilted.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.

4.  Sprinkle with cheeses.
Serve with garlic bread.

My Honey Do said let's make this again :)

Thanks for stopping by



Wishing you a creative Thursday.



(Image downloaded from Internet)





No comments: