Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Up Hill Hump

Today felt like such an unproductive day. That doesn't mean I didn't get anything done, it just didn't feel like it.  I felt like I was heading up hill all day.  No motivation.....




This is block #3 from Jenny's Shabby Rose collection (www.elefantz.com).  Isn't he adorable?  I just love him.  I'm not doing anything different than what the original pattern calls for.  Normally I make a lot of changes, but I didn't feel this series needed any input from me.  Now I just have to download and start on block #4.

I also worked on my Tilda doll.  If you don't know anything about these dolls you are in for a treat. I've borrowed books from the library on this series, ordered from Amazon and downloaded on Pinterest.  They are just really fun.  I'm hoping by the end of the week to have the first one done.  We'll see......




This was today's harvest from my garden:  2 large zucchini, 1 very small eggplant, a bowlful of broccoli and 5 kohlrabi.

The zucchini will be pie and bread this weekend.  I have plans to meet with a friend on Friday and want to share the bread, so I'll make a fresh loaf for us.  The broccoli (best season out of 3 attempts) will be blanched and put in the freezer for later.  Eggplant will be "parmesan" because that's the only way Honey Do likes it and kohlrabi are almost all gone - we eat them raw, like radishes and they are so yummy peeled, fresh from the garden.

Nothing special for dinner so no new recipe to share again.  It's been like that the last couple of days. Oh well, everyone gets into a slump.  I was hoping for more productivity since I didn't have a vehicle today to go anywhere and it rained.  I did manage to get more of my book read.  That should be done and back to the library by the end of the week, too.  I also moved a few things around in my "studio" which is 1/3 of the basement.  It's not even close to being called a studio.  More like "catch all" because that's where everything seems to accumulate. ;)




Aren't these adorable?  I think I'm going to try and make them this week.  Very simple little project from Craft 'n' Things.  And what's better than a free pattern.  Here's the link:  http://blog.craftsnthings.com/.


(downloaded from Pinterest)

Thanks for stopping by - 

Hope you have a good day.








2 comments:

Wendyb said...

i'd love to have an uphill hump like yours!!! Seems you still got lots done! I did no sewing yesterday.....got started cleaning and once I started...there was no stopping me! Have a fab day with your friend! mmmmm zucchini bread!!!
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :o)

e said...

Wendy,

Thank you for your support. I need to do the cleaning, but things get in the way, Honey Do and Newton were home today, so not much creativity happening here.....

You sound like you got tons done. Need to follow your lead :) Have a great one.